Get ultra-high vacuum compatible vacuum valves that allow rapid and reliable closure. Contact us to start an order.
NEC vacuum valves employ a toggle mechanism that provides constant seal forces until an external adjustment is necessary. Whether actuated by hand, air or other remote method, the unique NEC toggle mechanism provides a sealing force independent of operator or facility variations. Longer seat life is the natural result.
Two types of valves are available:
- Metering Vacuum Valves: for critical metering of gases into vacuum from high pressure sources
- Straight Through Vacuum Valves: for applications requiring clearance for particle or optical beam transmission
Types of Vacuum Valves
#1. Gas Metering Valves
- Originally designed to control gas flow into ion beam sources and control gas flow into ion beam stripper canals in the terminals of NEC Pelletron® accelerators.
- Ideally suited for applications requiring the fine control of gas flow into a vacuum where corrosive gases are used or ultra-clean conditions are a requirement.
- Fully ambient pressure isolated stainless steel valve, ideal for operation in environments that vary from high vacuum to high pressure.
- Explicitly regulates the flow of gas from vacuum tight shut-off rates exceeding 100 atm-cc/hr. Input pressures can be as high as 2000 psi.
- The valve mechanism consists of a slightly curved flexure strip, which axially loads a soft gold seat into a stainless-steel knife edge. As a transverse load is applied to the strip, it tends to straighten, thereby applying a sealing force.
- The sensitivity is controlled by the extent the flexure has been straightened upon contact with the knife edge. This extent is adjustable by means of a manual adjustment screw. The flow rate is controlled by a differential screw that provides the transverse load to the flexure strip.
- The base model is manual. However, various motor options are available for remote controlled configurations.
- The fitting and flange can be customized to user needs.
#2. Straight Through Valves
- Ideal for applications that require ultra-high vacuum compatibility and rapid reliable closure with optical straight-through clearance.
- Fast acting model ideal for applications that require an emergency closure in case of catastrophic failure of an ultra-high vacuum system.
- This ultra-high vacuum valve utilizes a short stroke toggle mechanism, which allows a single quick motion for closure. This is a distinct advantage over standard screw type sealing mechanisms.
- The sealing mechanism is a replaceable aluminum disc that is pressed against a stainless steel knife edge by the toggle mechanism, which assures repeatable vacuum tight seals to better than 10-12 std. liters/sec.
- It can close approximately 50 times before adjustment is necessary and several hundred times before replacement of the disc is indicated.
- Our standard straight through valve is available in manual (VS2M), pneumatic (VS2P), and fast acting (VS2F) configurations.
Manual Gas Metering Valve
- Achieves full mechanical motion in ten turns of the control shaft
- Requires only a few turns to close to normal operating flow
Pneumatic Straight Through Vacuum Valve
- Features a toggle mechanism actuated via pneumatic cylinder
- Closes the valve to a vacuum tight condition in about 0.2 seconds
| Model VS2F
Fast Acting Straight Through Vacuum Valve
- Uses a unique spring closure to actuate the toggle mechanism
- Closes the valve reliably in less than 35 milliseconds after the trigger signal is received from a coaxial pressure sensor
- Operates in manual or fast acting mode
| Model VS2M
Manual Straight Through Vacuum Valve
- Closes by a single lever with a simple and quick 180-degree motion from fully open to fully closed