Positive RF Ion Source
Positive RF source installed inside accelerator terminal
The NEC positive RF ion source is used on high voltage decks and single ended Pelletron Accelerators, producing over 100 μA of H and He.
The NEC positive RF ion source is ideal for use in high voltage terminals of electrostatic accelerators. It has been used primarily to produce H+ and He+ ion beams. It has also produced modest currents of:
- Other positive ions from gaseous elements
Positive RF Ion Source Design
The NEC positive RF ion source has two unique features:
- Clamping structure: allows complete disassembly of the RF bottle from the flange for cleaning without return to the factory.
- RF sealed enclosure: surrounds the oscillator and RF bottle to protect sensitive electronics in the area from RF interference.
- Standard: uses a permanent magnet.
- Higher control and currents: uses adjustable solenoid magnets.
Running the standard positive RF ion source in a 3 MV Pelletron accelerator terminal, the source can produce an analyzed H+ beam on target of 120 μA.
Please contact NEC with any questions about potential applications or performance.
Pos RF v1.pdf